Wednesday, September 30

The surprising world of twitter...


Yesterday in my emotional haze (had a very personal guest post of mine published at Mamamia - very gratefully so) I was checking my tweets - and I received this one:

" I just noticed you do not follow me back, please follow me or I have 2 take you of my list as i have reached my follow limit "

Now this read a bit weird to me.  I haven't heard of this person, I don't know this person.  Perhaps they were following me, sometimes I don't have time to check who is.  Maybe I should?  I followed because I felt I had snubbed someone.. but then I had thoughts like 'hang on, this is stupid!'  I'll unfollow and then look them up later when I know who I'm following, do I want to follow people like this? All the expectation is why I don't do facebook!!

On a positive note, I received a lovely Direct Message tweet from Henry Roth on the weekend who I do follow (and now follows me without me even having threatened him!) and enjoy living vicariously through. 

1henryroth hey there, just looked up your blog AND how adorable are you and your family, henry x
I mean seriously, what a lovely thing to say right?  Warmed my heart and put a skip in my step for the rest of the day.
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on September 30, 2009 at 6:36 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

How lovely is Henry! :)

And how weird is your twitter 'fiend'. Bah to them.

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

That's just plain weird! I'm not sure why people send messages like that.....and a follow limit? Really?

What a story to have shared Liss! Thanks for being so honest with your emotions. You are an amazing woman. xo

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on September 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hehe yes a very weird message! At least you got a nice message though :)

Ooh and I toasted some of the macs today-oh my they were gorgeous!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015