Monday, September 14

Well, my first competition!


In a previous online life I used to run a lot of competitions.... and it was fun but I never thought of doing one until now because guess what?  I've nearly racked up 100 recipe posts... I can't really believe it as I didn't think my repetoire was that big, but clearly it is because there's so much I havent posted yet! 

I was lucky to grow up in a family where cooking for someone was showing appreciation.  Appreciation of the people you're cooking for and also for the food.. both my parents are accomplished home cooks and my sister is an amazing pastrycook.  Her family is chiefly vegan too which has been a great challenge to me culinarily but one I've embraced because I've discovered produce and ingredients I wouldn't have otherwise.   I love to try new things.

Now I'm going to appreciate YOU my readers and followers

So onto the competiton... readers I need you to tell me:

Your favourite recipe on Frills in the Hills that you've tried or want to try... comment on this post..!
and... an extra entry if you tell me what kind of recipe you'd like to see as my 100th recipe post.
Plus...an extra entry if you become a follower from today AND complete one of the above...

Closing it up next Monday 21st at midnight.
Open to Australian residents only (but please if you are from abroad, I'd love to offer some form of linkage!)

What's to win? 
An Eddingtons Alphabet Cookie Cutter set!
I have TWO to give away!



I would be lost without my alphabet cookie cutters!  I use mine to cut out cookies (of course) but also orchard icing to put names on birthday cakes - its so cheaty and looks professional! (well ok almost)

Print this post in friendly format

18 lovely comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I would like to try the very berry cherry muffins/cake recipe. And for your 100th post - any type of cake would be good with me :)

Kylie G on September 14, 2009 at 5:17 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I want to try
- lemon buttermilk date scones
- corned beef with white sauce
- ricotta hotcakes
- rockin scrolls


The favourite (and only) I have tried, is the strawberry cream cheese muffins and they were delish!

For your 100th post - an easy but impressive relaxed dinner party menu for friends including entree or nibbles, main and dessert.

Penelope on September 14, 2009 at 5:44 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

My favourite recipe I've tried was the sausage pie...everyone loved it!

The one I want to try next is the Cherry Ripe Cheesecake...

And for your 100th recipe, I think you should make a new variation on scrolls!

Courtley on September 14, 2009 at 6:46 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love all of your recipes Liss :)

For your 100th recipe you simply have to use a recipe that calls for 100's and 1000's!

Krysbrem on September 14, 2009 at 11:57 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I loved the Passionless Lemon Butter (which reminds me must make more).

As for your 100th, something celebratory like a cake or sweet

Alycia on September 15, 2009 at 2:34 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Simple simple - I will one day be making ricotta cheese thanks to you! I'm also itching to make the sausage and chorizo hotpot, unfortunately chorizo is outside the bounds of the diet at the moment!

Your 100th recipe should most defintely be for homemade plastic icing! None of this orchard business! That or plum pudding so I can compare yours to mine before I decide if I'm going to make mine again.


Regardless - keep us drooling!

Cathie on September 15, 2009 at 7:00 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

hi Liss, thanks for popping by & leaving a sweet message. I always pop by everyday to see what you have cooking or what money tips you have for us all.
I love your nan's lemon butter recipe & I think I may need to try that one day soon.
someone else asked you about fondant icing, do you have any homemade tips? I tried once & failed. ♥

Claire on September 15, 2009 at 7:54 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love these cookie cutters I was only saying the other day I want to start cutting my daughters sandwiches in letters to spell things. Can you please let me know where you got them?

Fav recipe of yours would have to be the strawberry muffins you made.

Recipe id love you to make would be something with mince for the slow cooker :)

Danielle on September 15, 2009 at 8:49 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It would be some much easier to answer the question 'which recipe dont you want to try?'!!!

Definitely want to try
scrolls
strawberry muffins
balti pies

plus a host of others!

I definitely think another homemade pasta recipe is in order for your 100th post :)

Kat on September 15, 2009 at 9:20 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I have actually just found your blog via Melbourne Epicure and there are so many recipes to choose from. I love pumpkin soup so wouldn't mind trying your low fat version. I have also been wanting a good pumpkin scone recipe for a while so I would love to try that.

MeganB said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love your recipes. My favourite is your Sweet Baked Crispy Chicken with Nam Jin Sauce. Made this last week and the husband and I were in heaven. For your 100th recipe, I would love to see a dessert - something totally indulgent and decadent!

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on September 15, 2009 at 12:41 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Well you know what I think of the ricotta hotcakes! Delish!

And I could go some of those oven crunchy chicken things you did last week.

I am detoxing right now... and having sweats and starvation... so would eat my laptop if it was remotely edible! :)

Shell on September 15, 2009 at 4:08 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

My fave so far is Le Pork Roast :)

I have a recipe book in the kitchen for me to write recipes in - but it has the criteria of Excellent Awesomely Fantasmical Food ONLY!

Hubby's comment when we had the roast "It's going straight to the book!"

Anyway - as your 100th recipe will be in Spring - I would love to see something fresh and bursting with "spring"... mmm thinking lamb, or asparagus

Kylez..aka...Mrs.P! on September 15, 2009 at 7:41 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

My fav would be the white sauce for corned beef...we made the white sauce the other night and it was delish!

And I'm with Courtley, you should def. make something with 100's and 1000's.

Kez said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

After reading your strawberry ice cream recipe, I think that will be made in this house over the weekend! Yum, I love love love strawberry ice cream.

As for your 100th recipe - I like the suggestion of 100s and 1000s! Or something with 100 ingredients (if you're a sucker for punishment!) or 100 minutes for total preparation and cooking time.


(Oh, and I'm a follower, just not an official one, 'cause I don't have a blog!)

FoodMuster on September 17, 2009 at 8:53 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Would love to try your strawberry ice-cream, that looked and sounded delicious:) Where did you pick up such a great bargain, you need to tell me and we need to be become friends:)!!!

Katy on September 21, 2009 at 8:12 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I know my favourite recipe is the scroll recipe, because I shared it with you, but I love all of your different variations!!! Very inspiring.

I'd also like to try your corned beef recipe, because I haven't been able to find a recipe I like yet, but I love it so much.

Desserts are a favourite of mine, so I think your 100th recipe should be a traditional Australian pavlova, made with your lovely kitchen aid, but perhaps with a twist? Lots of yummy fruit is coming into season to pop on top too.

Kirrily on September 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm going to make the ricotta hotcakes this weekend!

I think your 100th recipe should be the hot nut mix you were talking about on SIC recently...


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015