Friday, September 25

Now this is the business - monkey icecream business that is.



I'm very pleased to report that my icecream making career is now back on track.  When I made the strawberry icecream it was a little on the laborious and frustrating side because now I realise, I didn't freeze my icecream maker bowl well enough.. it really should have been in overnight.. this time I did that and success!   It's super easy!!  Now I'm concocting all kinds of varieties of icecream in my head... stay tuned!

Last night I had two things I wanted to use:
The 70% cocoa dark Lindt chocolate in my pantry which keep shouting at me everytime I open the doors 'use me'
and also the 'monkey bananas' my Mum bought down from Cairns (super sweet sugar bananas) that I had peeled and frozen.

So what better than icecream right? I made it last night knowing that it would be 27 degrees today and after almost of week of kidwrangling solo whilst hubby is on a work trip, I would reward myself too. (The kids can have the strawberry right?)


Monkey Business Icecream:

Ingredients
2 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
2 cups double or whipping cream
1 cup milk 
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas, frozen or mashed
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or pieces
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Method:
Chop up your chocolate or place your chocolate in an airtight container in the fridge


Whip your eggs until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes)
Gradually add the sugar and whip for another minute

Add milk, cream and whip for a further 2 minutes

Add vanilla extract and whip for one more minute.


Transfer to icecream maker... (if you have a kitchenaid one - I'm really jealous!) and follow manufacturers instructions.



After 18-20 minutes, add mashed banana (I had frozen bananas so I whipped them in the foodprocessor) and allow to combine


Then the chocolate

Then the walnuts.  Let me say, the walnuts taste REALLY good - much better than you would expect - promise!



When finished, transfer to airtight freezersafe containers with lids and freeze as normal.

Lucky for me, no fighting the hubby for the bowl. Yum.


That's recipe post 99!!!! Come visit tomorrow for number 100!!!
Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Gabrielle on September 25, 2009 at 12:32 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Looks totally delicious Liss!! I would be hiding it from the kids, I'm sure you'll appreciate it more :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

This sounds totally awesome - I want some now!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015