Monday, September 21

Parents: What's on your no-go list....


when it comes to kids' TV?


Any TV?
American TV?
Hi-5?

Just curious here because I have some I just couldn't do.  For me it's :

Barney (the contrived I love you, you love me... ick ick ick)
Dr Who (not specifically kids but it used to give me nightmares so that's on the no list)
Telletubbies drive me nuts but Laura likes them on occasion so I turn a blind eye.

I've recently relented and we've got a few Barbie DVD's for the car for long day trips and holidays.  Can't believe it really.  But I do have three girls! I'm hoping High School Musical and Hanna Montana is dead and buried before my girls get to *that* age.
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

BabyMac on September 21, 2009 at 9:03 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh Liss...I am knee deep in those revolting Barbie movies - Barbie as Rapunzel, Barbie Island Princess....you will Foxtel and Daisy is quite obsessed with them. They are quite revolting. I am def a NO GO on Bratz. Anything to do with them is just wrong I think. Hate them!

PinkPatentMaryJanes on September 21, 2009 at 9:45 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I too loathed Barney. I also pretended the Hooley Dooley's didn't exist. I must admit though, I don't mind a wee spot of Hannah Montana {even shed a tear during the MOVIE} and the ol' High School Musical. But Bratz - eek! Particularly the "real life Bratz movie" as doll's they're repellent - as real teenagers? Deeply disturbing.

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

In the night garden - what a load of crap!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015