Tuesday, September 8

Thank goodness, someone's listening (or reading!)


I've got to say HATS OFF to the Recipes Plus Magazine team for this months' issue (September issue 39).  I bought it before going away (I'm a foodie mag-hag!) but I've been distracted since and now I've regained my cooking mojo had a flick through it.
It's a great issue, if you love to cook and you haven't bought it yet, do so.
Why?
Not only have they done a BUDGET issue (aren't we all on a budget?) but also they've taken a 'make it from scratch' approach with wait for it... recipes for curry pastes!!  Do you think they read my blog and my spice snobbery rant?  eek.

Also in there you'll find load of asian favourites like rice-paper rolls (I make these and they are easy, popular and delicious.. and even healthy!!) pork buns and Japanese faves tempura, sushi rolls and gyoza.  Yum.

I'm all inspired now.  I even wrote to the editor I felt so happy and inspired!
Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on September 8, 2009 at 5:56 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ooh curry recipe pastes? Now that's a challenge I've yet to tackle! :P

Danielle on September 10, 2009 at 11:42 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ohhhhh I have bought this months issue but havent opened it yet. Im such an addict to that and Super Food Ideas. Starting to lean more towards this one though as they have more from scratch stuff where as this months SFI kept talking about 'packets of blah cake' for their recipes!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015