Wednesday, September 16

Have you started yet?


Planning your Christmas stash that is?  100 sleeps until Santa comes you know!

I know there's some (a lot?) of you putting your fingers in your ears right now and closing your eyes super tight whilst shouting 'lalalalalalalaaaa'. 

And that's OK!

Me, I've started - (yes cue to roll your eyes there) but I'm not near finished.  I have a lot of birthdays in Nov/Dec/Jan too which is really my motivation.  My mother-in-law, sister, two neices and my twin girls are all in the month preceeding Christmas!  Crazy right?



So tonight I'm going to write a list - what I have bought, who I have yet to buy for and set myself a timetable of looking for and obtaining the gifts... one or two at a time because I like to put some thought into each gift and I don't want to get 'just anything' in a mad rush and spent a lot more money than I want to at the end. 

I also hate the parking at the shopping centres in the weeks leading up to Christmas, so I'll be avoiding that at all costs!!

I'm also planning lots of craft activities for the kids leading up to Christmas too - I'll be sure to share.

Got any tips to share for Christmas present purchases and activities?
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Aneets on September 16, 2009 at 5:14 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm kind of a loser when it comes to Xmas shopping and I have just about finished mine.

I start buying & list making from about May and since I don't really do toys that are fads (and may go out of fashion by the time Dec comes round) I find that this works well for me.

As for my two girls I am not into getting them too much stuff (as we have a huge family who will spoil them anyway) so they're easy.

I never get those people who layby things during the toy sales and spend hundreds of dollars on their kids all in one go at Christmas.

Alycia on September 16, 2009 at 6:48 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I have so few people to buy for you'd think I'd be completely thoughtful about it, right? Wrong. I'm such a Christmas grinch that I end up at the shop on Christmas Eve grabbing jewellery or perfume for Mum, a book for Dad and crap for the sister!!

This year will be different. I promise! No really, it will be. I ran away last Christmas to avoid the hatred I have for the day. It didn't make a big dent in my Christmas festivities until 24th December when I woke up and the little girl daughter of trailer trash, woke up in the bed next to me in the dorm, and informed that she knew her mother was Santa. So I went out that day and bought myself presents, went back at past midnight and begged matching wrapping paper form trailer trash mother and wrapped the presents for on my bed, just to convince her that Santa is real and clever, to find me in NYC from Australia. She was so excited for me to wake up on Christmas Day so that she could see my presents, that I realised that it's possible to have some joy at Christmas still!

Unknown on September 16, 2009 at 7:57 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love to be organised for Christmas
I took advantage of the big w no deposit laybuy toy sale this year
I have got 3 newborns presents (2 due pronto), my bestfriends, my goddaughters and my parents
I go a bit insane, put the Tree up early nov, buy the animals presents and I'm always at 24hr shopping night buying extras even though I'm finished.....

Nicky
www.alittlebitprecious.blogspot.com


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015