Tuesday, September 8

Top Five Tuesday: The Beatles



Every Tuesday I'm going to get you to tell me 5 of your top somethings....


This week it's about The Beatles. I grew up with them as most people have, my Mum was an original Beatnik, wagged school to see them arrive at the airport etc etc! They are a serious part of my musical education and when I lived in the UK went to Liverpool twice and did the Magical Mystery Tour where you can go on the 'Penny Lane' Bus and visit Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, a re-created Cavern Club, birthplaces, schools etc of the Paul, John, George and Ringo.. and I must have walked through the Beatles Museum at Albert Quay about 5 times, I kid you not!


So my top 5 Beatles Songs:

  • Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (musical genius)
  • And I love her (pure, sentimental)
  • DayTripper (love the riff in this! George Harrison seriously under-rated in the Beatles!)
  • In My Life (beautiful)
  • I am the Walrus (it's just super-catchy, once I hear it I'm singing it all day!)
(there are so many more!)
If you have trouble remembering which ones are your favourites, click here for the list of the 274 of them!
Comment here on yours and/or post a link where you've put it on your blog! I wanna know!
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on September 8, 2009 at 6:45 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I probably need to hide here. I don't really know many Beatles songs. I really don't.

I will play next week though. :)

BabyMac on September 8, 2009 at 8:26 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

LOVE the Beatles! My top 5 are:

In My Life
Blackbird
Here comes the Sun
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
While my Guitar gently weeps

Anh on September 8, 2009 at 11:07 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I didn’t grow up with the Beatles, but I do know their famous songs.

My top five:

Yesterday
Hey Jude
Love me do
I want to hold your hands
Ticket to ride.

I also love John Lennon after the Beatles era as well.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015