Monday, June 15

Come Join Me...


By the fire. I wish we had a real one!



Keeping warm is hard to do sometimes in the winter - and we have a kick##se column heater that's good on the energy bills and efficient in heating. However I bought a lovely wool blanket from St Vinnies about a month ago - for snuggling on the couch - you know, the ones with the satin ribbon around - it's a plain camel colour and keeps your= warm. I might hunt around few a few more as I'm sure as the kids get older they'll want one each. $8 was a bargain!

How are you keeping warm this winter?
Print this post in friendly format

8 lovely comments:

carly on June 15, 2009 at 7:33 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

electric blanket and flannelette pj pants :)

though boyfriends dad consistently runs the central heating then wonders why the bill is so damn huge!

greenfumb on June 15, 2009 at 8:38 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hot water bottle and a blanket on the sofa - not a nice snuggly one like yours though, just a $5 Woolies fleece.

Alycia on June 15, 2009 at 9:17 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Wood fire and rugs! Ahh!

Amanda on June 15, 2009 at 10:10 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

sorry to brag but we have a wood fire. Phil has access to free wood so it costs nothing but his effort to cut it up. Have just put the electric blanket on the bed tonight, the kids don't need one :-)

Aneets on June 15, 2009 at 11:09 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

My folks have a wood fire and I used to glue myself to it in the winter, nothing better!

We've got a couple of gas heaters and the AC does a pretty good job of heating our place in a short amount of time too.

Chantel on June 15, 2009 at 11:18 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh I just love that video - thanks! :)

I keep warm with an electric blanket and a fleece blanket on the lounge as I type away on my laptop and watch tellie :)

I don't like winter and long to have a fireplace!

Leila on June 16, 2009 at 3:30 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It's summer time for me at the moment but in the winter we have central heating AND a fireplace. It gets SO very cold in Seattle in the winter time (and the autumn time & the spring time). You need many layers just to go outside during winter or you risk freezing limbs off.

BabyMac on June 16, 2009 at 1:26 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ooh we had a real fire in our real fire place on the weekend. I was sitting next to it the entire night and was in heaven - very lucky!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015