Wednesday, June 17

Last minute regression to childhood!



Last night hubby came home and announced he had to head to Canberra early this morning for a meeting - practically for a couple of hours and head home. I said 'wish we could come, that would be cool for a day out' and as soon as it came out of my mouth I realised I didn't have to wish - we could do it - because I wasn't going to work and the girls didn't have an activity planned... so I stayed up late and made some Chockie-Wheaty-Treaty-Bikkies (recipe coming, promise!) and packed lunches for everyone.

Bright and early (well actually it was dark) we set off at 6am dressed and breakfasted, down the M2, M7 and M5 to not-so-chilly Canberra - it was quite a nice day and not raining like Sydney. Hubby dropped us off at DFO, where Monkey Mania - a play centre.

Kids loved it, and even I got into the action, on the slippery slides (lost my stomach!) jumping castle, ball pit, ball play court and foam ball launch pit. It was great to play with the kids and perfectly suited to their age range. Fun. We had a great time making music on the foot keyboard too (pic above).

If you're a Canberran, or a visitor to DFO they also do a shop and drop where they will babysit for you for over 5 year olds.. (I had too much fun to even think about leaving them!) and also do birthday parties etc. Until the end of this month they also have a special $5 per child and 1 accompanying adult free.

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Amanda on June 17, 2009 at 8:40 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I am SOOOOOO disappointed we missed each other...although I did get Large Child quite a few bargains at Cotton On Kids while I was there.

I actually called you while at the MM entry gates (but no one wanted to serve me and I couldn't get you on your phone so gave up!)

Obviously wasn't meant to be...

Aneets on June 17, 2009 at 9:25 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

The kid minding service sounds like heaven- I can't think of anywhere (except Ikea) that does that in Sydney.

Am heading to Canberra later in the year- will definitely be checking that out!

Katy on June 18, 2009 at 8:44 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What a great idea Liss, glad you had a good trip!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015