Wednesday, June 3

Look, I know it's winter...


but would it stop freaking raining?

It's affecting my mood. It's affecting my kids' moods. It's affecting my laundry basket.

I can do cold, I don't mind cold, I'm sick of the rain!

Looking at the forecast it's more of the same for the next week. Might have to start teaching the kids some board games, won't THAT be fun.. (probably not!)

We've done drawing, crafts, cubby houses, restaurants, barbies, little people, DVD, dollies, dolly hospitals, cooking... I'm going insane. How do the people in the Northern Hemisphere do it with snow? At least you can make snowmen I suppose!

Blergh.
Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Bee on June 3, 2009 at 12:13 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It's been raining a lot here, too. I wouldn't be able to cope right now without my trusty dryer, especially with sick kids making three times as much washing as usual! I say stick a good movie on for them and let that entertain them for a little while and take a break!

PinkPatentMaryJanes on June 3, 2009 at 12:50 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

There's nothing that darkens my mood more than grey ol' skies {unless they're in Paris...} I'm with Bethwyn - pop some corn, make home-made choc tops and pull down the blinds for some movie time!

Katy on June 3, 2009 at 12:56 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dressing up 3 kids in raincoats (and insisting on umbrellas), crossing the road and me getting soaked isn't MY idea of fun!!!!

Nor is trying to dry clothes for 5, and I've HAD to resort to the dryer, as even my undercover line isn't coping, as nothing is drying with the damp and cold!

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ah, I love the rain because I can still send my three big school kids off to school and I don't need to walk the dog because rain is my excuse and I don't have to do washing because rain is my excuse and I can just watch a movie all day!!

Hey, your turn will come, believe me. :)

Gosh isn't it horrid to hear smug child-free people brag?! ;)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015