Friday, June 12

FrillyFrugalFriday: Maybe I'm hopeless at this..


image courtesy www.budgetsaresexy.com

or maybe I'm not realistic?

I can't seem to stick to a budget! I admit, we do eat well for the money we spend, and I do find ways to get quality for less - but this week after saying I was going to be a saint and spend $30.. I spent almost triple that!

Aldi - $66.00
Woolworths: $16.77
Forestway Fresh: $9.60
Total spend for 4 weeks = $704.59+66+16.77+9.60 = 796.96= 28.46 per day.


This payday (tonight) I need to make the make the money last longer as it is 33 days between paydays. So my goal is to spend less per day over the next pay. My food budget for June/July is $939.00. I would seriously like it to be well under $900.


Ways I have been frugal this week:
1. I have made my own ricotta instead of buying it - saving around 50% off retail price.
2 No using the dryer (I can't believe how well I'm doing with this!)
3. Made scrolls this week to avoid taking a trip to the bakery yesterday with the kids and hence avoiding all the shops!
4. I've done a meal plan -woot! and I stuck to our one I did last week!
5. Did a price comparision on http://www.switchselect.com/switchcalc to see how I can be saving $$ on our energy prices, will be making a change!

Print this post in friendly format

5 lovely comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes on June 12, 2009 at 1:21 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I think you're doing remarkably. My 'little' trip to Coles last night for dishwashing tablets, washing liquid and a few other bits and pieces came to $100 - so you're doing WAAAAAAAY better than me.

Baby steps: they fall down, they get back up again...

Katy on June 12, 2009 at 1:38 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It is hard!! But with better list planning, you'll get there. I find it's those "in between" visits that are the killer!!

Aneets on June 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm just impressed you kept to your meal plan- that is on my list to start doing this weekend!

Amanda on June 12, 2009 at 11:04 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hey Liss, is that $900 for 2 whole months of june/july? if so "we are not worthy" i'm saying this as i'm bowing to you lol! please explain !!! :-)

Liss on June 13, 2009 at 8:01 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

No Amanda! Gawd, couldn't do that! Jun/Jul for us this month is 13th June - 14 July xx


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015