Thursday, June 11

My little Olivia


My little Olivia. Extremely happy (97% of the time) or moody (3% of the time). Her sunny disposition is hard to outshine. At times she is shy with new people but it doesn't take long for her to warm up.

She is eager to please. She's a peacemaker - yet will stand up for injustice. Her little frown is hard not to laugh at. She puts on the low-tone voice and says 'No thank you very much MUMMY'. Even polite when she's cranky.

Olivia is my little domestic. She dislikes mess, frequently hurries me up if I haven't tidied up quickly enough, and asks me if she can help. Anal when it comes to putting her socks on the 'right' way. Very particular, a girl with an eye for detail. Bless her cotton socks (the straight ones that is)

She's quite chuffed when the show about the little pig Olivia comes on 'that's me!... and there's my brother, and my Mum and my Dad'.. and has started requesting my copy of Xanadu be played on a regular basis, because, of course -she's the star you know!

Olivia surprised me a couple of weeks ago by writing her name - at not even three and a half - all I had to do was call out the letters and she transcribed them. I think this is a want to be like her big sister Eloise - who now writes her name. Just goes to show how much kids can absorb in their environment huh?

Most of all she's caring, if someone is crying - especially Laura - she becomes chief comforter - and she does give the best squeezy hugs.

Favourite colour: Pink or red
Favourite Food: Pasta anything, broccoli
Favourite Game: Dress ups
Favourite Toy: Her dolly 'baby' or her Upsy Daisy Doll.
Favourite Book: The Hungry Caterpillar for sure!
Favourite TV show: The Fairies, Olivia, Hi-5

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

carly on June 11, 2009 at 9:18 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

she is gorgeous! love that she loves to clean :)

Amanda on June 11, 2009 at 3:21 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What a cutie pie!

My girl has all her namesake Olivia books. My very, very favourite line is in the original book when her mother gives her a kiss as says "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway."

Never have truer words been spoken!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015