Thursday, November 12

Good morning - Hungover like me?


I had a late night last night after going to dinner with two funny, vivacious, smart (and gorgeous) women.  I don't do this often enough obviously, because I am smiling like a cheshire cat this morning, I enjoyed myself so much. Two of us set off to see Julie and Julia afterwards.

If you're not sure what Julie and Julia is about - basically it's the journey of an amateur food blogger who sets out to teach herself how to cook by using Julia Childs' 'Mastering the Art of French Cooking'and both being bloggers (my companion an esteemed Australian Food Blogger) we were in raptures about Julie's reaction when people start commenting on her blog and about how it took over her life to an extent, became her creative outlet and eventually led to a writing career... oh and of course, she learned how to kill lobster and bone a duck!

If you're a blogger or read food blogs, I suggest you get along to it.  Here's the trailer:


It was a late night, and I'm having regrets that I didn't have that glass of wine at dinner...  I walked in the door and proceeded to knock nearly everything over in my path like I was drunk, and this morning I've woken up with a (not enough sleep) hangover.

Oh it was worth it though!
Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on November 12, 2009 at 1:26 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I had such a great time too. Thanks for organising it. Let's try and do the Italian restaurant in the next couple of weeks. :)

Sorry I piked on the movie. I got home and promptly hit the sack. Feeling much more revived today. xx

Hannah on November 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Sounds like it was a fabulous night.

I love love loved this movie - having been a fan of the blog and read the book I was so excited to see it. Despite being a slightly sanitized version of Julie, I thought it was fabulous. And Merly Streep was just indescribably brilliant in it, as always.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on November 13, 2009 at 8:53 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It was a fun night! Something we should definitely do again soon :) Did you end up looking up Julia Child videos to see what she was like?

Christie on November 15, 2009 at 6:38 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Liss I saw this on your recommendation..it was right up my alley! Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015