Thursday, June 18

Chockie Wheaty Treaty Bikkies


These were an unexpected success I must say!

When we made the split-second decision to abandon Wednesday at home and go to Canberra with hubby who had to go for a meeting. So being frugal as I am trying to be - I know we always spend a fortune on snacks/meals for daytrips. So I decided I would whip up some snacks and a packed lunch.

I had a few weetbix left over in tupperware and a new packet waiting to go in so I thought I'd give weetbix biscuits a go. I didn't have any choc-chips so I did a bit of an improvisation. Turned out sensational. Will definitely be making them again - took about 15 mins to prepare, and about the same to bake. I put splenda in mine instead of sugar too..

Ingredients:
100grams butter/margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 teaspoon golden syrup
1.5 tb water
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
3 weet-bix, crushed
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup coconut
3 tb good quality cocoa


Method:
  • Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius
  • Combine butter and sugar with electric beater - add vanilla and ensure well combined
  • In 2 small microwave containers (I used ramekins):
  • Melt golden syrup in first one (30 seconds on high)
  • Boil water in the second (45 seconds on high) and add to golden syrup, then add bicarb soda.
  • Stir into butter mixture.
  • Into another bowl, mix remaining ingredients (weetbix, flour, coconut and cocoa) and make a well in the middle. Add the butter mixture and stir with spatula until well combined. Spoon mxture onto greased baking tray and cook about 12 minutes. Cookies should not be bubbling and a darker brown in colour.
  • Leave to cool on trays.
  • Try not to eat all yourself without sharing with the kids/hubby.

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Jess on June 18, 2009 at 9:18 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Is it just me or are they purple? Adds to the appeal of course but have to ask how they ended up this colour...

Liss on June 18, 2009 at 9:20 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

LMAO! No, they are chocolate brown, just the exposure of my phone camera that I used! :P

MariaL said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Liss, I just tried making these but the ingredients are too dry! Any idea where I went wrong?


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015