Friday, June 5

FrillyFrugalFriday: How did I fit a birthday in my budget?


OK, last week I vowed to keep our groceries down to $30 and I didn't do it! $50! I really have trouble Argh. This next week I want to keep it under $30!! I'm getting mean with myself and taking inspiration from Katy I'm confident I can do it.

Spent money on milk, bread, spaghettini, anchovies ($2 at our local fruit shop), cordial and diet coke (sorry can't live without it), cheese, cream, sour cream and a superfood ideas mag - which is always great inspiration and I think a good investment.
I have meal planned what I have left in the freezer and the pantry..
Friday: Tuna Macaroni Bake (prepared and in fridge)
Saturday: Lunch - Spaghetti, Dinner - Lasagne (I like to do hot lunches in winter on weekends)
Sunday: Lunch - Oven baked risotto, Dinner - Roast Lamb and veg
Monday: Lunch: Short Soup ( home-made pork dumplings and chicken stock prepared and in freezer) Dinner: Ham Soup
Tuesday: Sausage Hotpot
Wednesday: Good Friday Fish and scalloped potatoes/broccoli/cauli
Thursday: Beef Casserole of some sort
Saturday: Lunch - Oven baked risotto, Dinner -Chicken Wraps
I'll do a proper one next week for the month ahead to formulate my shopping list.

I didn't however spend any extra on birthday party - it was all covered in my previous purchases... and we have enough meat and staples now to get us through to the 13th - our next shopping day.

Frugal things I've done this week.
1. It's been REALLY hard but I haven't used the dryer.
2. No last minute purchases for birthday party
3. Substitued rice for dry dog food for Dougall (he's getting a bit tubby lol)
4. No takeaway or snacks bought outside the house
5. One trip to the shops this week - removing temptation to impulse buy.
Total food and grocery shopping this month to date: (since 15th May) 654.99 +31.20+2.00+16.40 = $704.59

Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on June 5, 2009 at 1:25 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Wow, you can eat so well on such a small budget? Well done! I applaud you for that :)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015