Wednesday, June 3

Lets talk about those songs.


you know... those songs as a parent we wished we'd never heard? The songs that you sing along to, get stuck in your head and you hum or sing at the most innappropriate moments - mostly when your kids aren't there - like a meeting, on the bus..

For my hubby I know the Wiggles are the main culprit. He's been known to be humming, whistling 'I'm a hoopdy-doing-kinda-guy' in the hallways of his workplace.

For me there are a few - Fairies - dancing, fairy dancing girl.. oh my that song can get embarassing at the supermarket checkout..! NOT a good look.

I suppose for even those who don't have kids 'I like big butts and I can not lie' is generally something you don't want to be caught singing in your car at the traffic lights is it?

Please tell me we're not alone in these situations!?

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

ginchyworld on June 3, 2009 at 8:10 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I sing nursery rhymes at inappropriate times all the time. Plus I've had bus drivers thank me for the story I was reading Bella when I got off!

Jaime on June 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Despite my best efforts to educate both my children in the right kind of music (Bob Evans, Gotye, Midnight Oil) the Wiggles still manages to trump me. I've had command performances of "Shimmy Shake" a lot in the past week.
That's why I take my ipod with me everywhere so I don't sing Wiggles out loud if I don't happen to have the kids with me.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015