Sunday, June 14

Thank goodness for husbands and soup.


Got up early and gave the dog a bath - good wrangle and we did a bit of a tidy-up outside as all the rain we've had hasn't lent itself to a lot of outdoor maintenance. Felt good to get that out of the way. Also made a cheat-apple pie in about 40 mins whoah to go - just before my guests arrived for Tupperware Party.

It was great to catch up with friends haven't seen 'in the flesh' for a while - the only downside was the kids being stuck inside - all nine of them aged 18 months to 5 years. My poor hubby battled them in and out of dress-ups, barbies, little people.. he deserves a medal!

All the food was gobbled up - so hubby has asked for more pumpkin scones - the easiest scones in the world I've decided - made them in about 10 minutes flat last night - baked for 15 minutes. I'll blog that when I make them this week, as well as the cheaty-apple-pie I made in similar timing this morning. Hope you're in the baking mood this week!

So we're just settling in now after feeding the kids, getting them to bed and reheating leftovers for ourselves... thank goodness for pick-me-up soup.
Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Shell on June 14, 2009 at 10:19 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Adam was a saint today!
The scones were delish - and am glad you had leftovers!!
I had delish slow cooked mexican beef! YUM!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015