Friday, June 26

My first..


Can't believe Michael Jackson has passed away. Seems a bit surreal?

At the tender age of almost thirteen, I was the proud owner of the Thriller Album (and then bought the Off the Wall album too!) and had one of these poster adorning my walls. (below)

I had begged my parents to buy it for me at the Royal Easter Show. So that would have been March/April 1984 - Michael Jackson was my first Pop Idol.

The first video I ever hired from the video shop (and yes, it WAS a video - no DVDs and it was VHS not Beta hehe) was Thriller - extended version around the same time or slightly after.

50 years is not old. But he lived a pretty extraordinary life. So sad really, what happens to his kids? Will Debbie Rowe have any access to the two children she mothered to him?


Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015