Sunday, January 1

Quickie Cheesecake cups


Hello everyone !

Oh it feels lovely to be blogging!  Whilst I've been away I've been busy racking up the frequent flyer points, working ridiculous amounts of hours and some days feels like I'm running backwards.  My trips home have been rushed and spent catching up on 'to-do-lists' and trying to see my Nan, my bestie and of course fit in a bit of frills and hubby time.  

At present, I'm back in Manila after three weeks home (but working) but this time I have bought the family with me, and we've been catching the sights, and the shopping and of course the food!

On one of my fly by nighters trips home, I made these easy-peasy quickie cheesecake cups - I had my Nan over for lunch and managed to cater the whole thing including dessert in an hour!  Pretty impressive I think!  Mine are pretty plain and adapted from a recipe of Nigella Lawson, but there's nothing stopping you from pimping them up a bit and adding some melted chocolate or even some finely chopped chocolate bar of your choice... or just your favourite fruit.. the fun is in the details I say!

Ingredients
Base
12 Anzac biscuits crushed, or processed in the food processor
2 tb butter, melted
1 tsp golden syrup

Filling
150mls cream
2 tb caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
zest and juice of 1 lemon
150g cream cheese


Optional
Berries for top


Method:
Melt the butter, add the golden syrup.   Mix through the crushed biscuits and press into the bottom of your cups or glasses with the back of a spoon.  I stack my cups up on each other to push it down, and then store in the refrigerator whilst I get busy with the filling..




Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks.  Add sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and zest and cream cheese.  Continue to whip until smooth.


Pour the cream cheese mixture over the biscuit bases.

  Sprinkle with your berries and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving... if you can wait that long!


How good is that!!?

If I have time for these, so do you!  How would you 'pimp' them?

Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

Yvette Bowyer @DTLilSquirts on January 1, 2012 at 10:58 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

totally having dessert tomorrow night and the next and the next and anytime anyone pops over for a visit!! So yummo!!

Welcome back!! We were getting a little worried!! Hope your family enjoy Manila!! xx Happy New Year!

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I thought you had hung up the blogging gloves! What type of work are you doing in manilla? It all sounds very exotic.

Christie on January 2, 2012 at 8:34 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

These look fantastic Liss, cheesecake is my favourite! I might pimp mine with fresh strawberries or a strawberry coulis. It's so nice to see you back here on your blog. I bet it's lovely having your family with you in Manila, enjoy every minute! xx

tania@mykitchenstories on January 2, 2012 at 9:01 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

These look lke a great idea. Your version with Anzac biscuits is perfect

seana smith on January 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hello Liss, It is fantastic to have your recipes popping up again, I've missed your blogging a lot. Have really enjoyed your updates from Manila though, interesting insights into the Philippines.

I'm mainly reading on my iPad these days and commenting is a pain from it, but on laptop just now and wanted to day g'day.

nigheandubh on February 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hi, can't wait to try some of these simple yet tasty looking recipes! I love your star cups for the Quickie Cheesecake Cups - if I may ask, where would I puchase such an item?


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015