Friday, February 18

Fast Food on a Friday: Tasty Thai Turkey nuggets


OK I'm a bad parent.  I lied to my kids and told them these were chicken nuggets with some extra flavour.  But you know what?  They didn't care!  I was craving some thai fish cakes and didn't have any suitable fish and turkey to use.... and also wanted to prepare something quick and easy to reheat for a night hubby and I were going out... so I killed a few birds so-to-speak.

Didn't expect that hubby and I would like them so much - so instead of 3 stash meals for the kids - there was one and hubby and I ate the rest - whoops.  Best news is they are not fried but oven-baked and quite lean in the scheme of things.  We served them with a garden salad and rescue wedges.

These would be equally as good as a canape.. with a sweet chilli sauce!


Ingredients:
3 spring onions, finely diced
1 large carrot, finely diced
1 tsp minced ginger
2 tb smooth peanut butter
3 tb red curry paste (I used an Asia at home sachet - perfect size)
1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely diced
500g lean turkey mince
1/4 plain flour
canola spray


Method:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees c

In a bowl mix all ingredients with exception of flour and canola spray.


Spray a baking tray with canola oil and spread your flour out onto a plate or container. Roll the mixture into two-inch diameter balls and flatten slightly. 



Lightly roll in flour and place on tray.  Spray some canola oil over the top and place in the oven for about 15-25 minutes until cooked through.


Serve right away or if freezing, allow to cool completely then seal in airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 weeks - cook from frozen for about 15 minutes.


Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Kerry on May 17, 2011 at 3:58 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

these are delicious! And they disappear so quickly ;) I'll definitely be making them again.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015