Friday, January 30

Those good 'ol coming of age chestnuts..


I'm taken back as I lay here watching 'Little Darlin's' on TV. In the day when Kristy McNichol was cool and Tatum O'Neill was known as a sweet girl and talented actress. I remember watching this way back when and was horrified to wonder WHY these poor girls would subject themselves to such a bet, at 15 no less! I was SUCH a good girl. hehe.

What I did miss then which I'm appreciating now is the soundtrack, Supertramp and Blondie so far.. looking it up it has John Lennon, Ricki-Le Jones, and that old 'Let your love flow' by the Bellamy Bros.
I cried in the ending when I first saw it, I'm wondering if I'll do the same?

Now here's a little tidbit of trivia for you - if you are a fan of Sex and the City you should also recognise Cynthia Nixon (Miranda) playing the flower-child hippie.

Here she is bottom second from right (Next to Kristy McNichol)
Amand Assante is in there as a school teacher, so very nice before he started playing cops and gangsters, and Matt Dillon - looking very young with shoulder length hair !
Kristy McNichol went on to star in the Pirate Movie (rawrrrr Christopher Atkins in his blonde blue lagoon afro!!) and Tatum went on to star in the tabloids for a while there with John McEnroe.
Other coming of age flicks that I loved way in my teens - The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles (don't know if I was into John Hughes or Molly Ringwald!) and then there was St Elmo's Fire and Less than Zero.. The Lost Boys...The Outsiders....

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

ginchyworld on January 30, 2009 at 9:21 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ooh, and what about Pretty in Pink too. I totally had a thing for Ducky

Liss on January 30, 2009 at 9:25 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh of course! John Cryer! Jeez, must have had a thing for Molly then hehe.

Meagan on January 31, 2009 at 10:00 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I watched Lost Boys a few weeks back, OMG it's different through grown-up eyes!

Tatum O'Neill was the lead in International Velvet (movie in my blog last week!)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015