Monday, April 20

The importance of a birthday cake:


Eloise has requested a Barbie Birthday party this year. I take the theming pretty seriously these days - especially when it comes to cakes.. I really see the cake as the best birthday present you can make/give your child. For me, now as an adult, I remember HOW I celebrated my birthdays and what cake I had. There's usually always photos of the cake or you blowing out the cake, so for me, it becomes a symbol of that birthday.
So I do have a dolly varden cake tin, so potentially I'm set - for Laura and Olivia's 2nd birthday I made 2x barbie dolly varden cakes and it was a trial! It was the first time I'd used one and they are very difficult to gauge when they're cooked. They also take 1.5 amounts of standard cake mixture so when I took 2 of them out earlier than I should have, upturned them to have half-cooked cake tumble out it was rather disheartening! Got there in the end though.
Don't think we'll be having the mud wresting one below - but it looks like a hoot doesn't it!?


Think I'm going to give this a go - in different colours..

Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Chantilly Bowtique on April 20, 2009 at 7:09 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

If only I was a good baker. That cake is darling! The mud wrestling cake has a strong resemblance to what my cakes tend to look like minus the barbies! lol!

Grace on April 20, 2009 at 8:02 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ooh it's going to look awesome. Can't wait to see it.

Ally {mtm} on April 20, 2009 at 8:30 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Can't wait to see what you come up with Liss!

I love that first Barbie cake, maybe for Hubby's birthday!? LOL

Krysbrem on April 20, 2009 at 10:34 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Liss if you can pull that off I will be most impressed and know where to put in orders... Although postage might just be an issue :)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015