Saturday, May 16

Spaghetti Fusion


Had a lovely cooking experience yesterday. I was craving one of my old, old favourites from when I was a single gal and thought I'd give the kids a try at it.... so I cooked up some Spaghettini (really thin spaghetti) and whilst it was cooking got my girls to help make the rest.

Ingredients: (serves 1 adult and 3 hungry kids or two adults for lunch)
roughly 2x50cm bunches of spaghettini, cooked aldente.
5 anchovies, 1 stick of fresh thyme or 1tsp dried (Eloise's job)
60grams parmesan or grada pardano, shaved/grated finely (Laura's job) Zest of 1 lemon + juice of half (Olivia's job)
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tb garlic infused oil or 1/2 clove garlic crushed/finely chopped, 2 tb olive oil


Method:
In a mortar and pestle, bruise the thyme, add the oil/oil+garlic and mash until combined. Combine into the spaghetti with cherry tomatoes, put on heat for 2 minutes just to combine and infuse. Toss through parmesan and serve.

Seriously the whole thing takes 10 minutes or 15 minutes tops. There's nothing quite as magical as something that's quick, easy, healthy and absolutely yummy.

Here are my little cooks explaining how good it is and how they helped make it:

Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Madmother on November 26, 2009 at 4:27 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Mmm, s'getti! My favourite snack at 10 years of age was boiled thin spaghetti slathered in tomato sauce. Had forgotten this one until I read your blog. Perfect bad day for comfort food - I'm off to boil the water! Thank you.

TheThingsIdTellYou on November 26, 2009 at 9:46 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I lived on this when I was single and living alone. Brings back memorie.

Cathie on February 19, 2011 at 5:43 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

cute Liss ♥

my daughter can eat lentils & rice every day & not get sick of it!

Bec Clarke on February 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

MMM that sounds so good


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015