Sunday, July 12

Soundtrack of your life - a challenge


I love watching VH1 on Saturday nights - invariably I'm taken back to a place in my history and it either makes me wince, smile or just laugh. The soundrack of my life is a bit like that - I find I often (not always thankfully) remember the tragic tune of the moment!

So if you were to write the soundrack to your life (including those tragic tracks..) - what would it be?

This is mine - don't judge or laugh -ok. You can laugh.

Early Childhood - Summer Breeze - Seals and Crofts - I grew up with loads of music - but I remember this playing on the radio and my Mum and Uncle had it on record. I still love it.


Pre-teen - Olivia Newton-John - oh dear lord I think I saw Grease on Video ten gadzillion times on video and I saw Xanadu at the cinema THREE times.


Teenybopper - Wham - I cried the night my highschool best friend went to their concert and I didn't!



My 18th (and last year of high school) - Collette single was bought TO my party (not by me) and was played A LOT. Annoying!



My 21st - back in my 'House' days. Oh dear.



Travelling the world - this song used to play at my local in London quite a bit. Can't help getting carried back there when I hear it.


Moving to Canberra and going out with my now hubby (as drinking buddies of course) This played a lot at the place we met when we went there.


Single late 20's girl - girly cocktails, good restaurants - young enough to have fun and old enough to know better. (Would have put Paul Mac - Just the thing would be my first choice but it won't allow me to embed!)


Getting Married - I love this song and always will.


Having my first baby (Eloise) - This is a song I remember singing Eloise to sleep to - although not content appropriate, we used to enjoy it together.

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

carly on July 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

nice post :) i might have a go :) im going to have to pick out some moments of life to choose xx

megs on July 12, 2009 at 2:00 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Lovely post! I am listening to the JJJ Top 100 of all time as I type and revisiting the past big time!!
Will start wracking my brain for particular moments of life...


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015