Monday, July 27

A dying art?



on the weekend we were repairing the 'house of broke' (aka replacing the heater, toaster and microwave which have busted over past weeks - also known as goodbye tax cheque) and as I was completing all the warranty forms (after the laptop incident extended warranty is now my friend)  and I realised how awful my handwriting has become!

Then I thought about it - what do I write these days?
Shopping Lists (and for my big shop I type this into my meal planning spreadsheet!)
To do lists
The odd form here and there  (not often)

That's it?

No wonder my handwriting is shocking.  I used to have nice handwriting.  I used to get complimented on it. 

A dying art ?
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

How To Eat A Cupcake on July 27, 2009 at 10:00 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

When I had to fill out tax forms for my new job a few months ago, it looked like a child had written it! Lol

Kirrily on July 27, 2009 at 10:59 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I remember once I was in detention (in 1993) and had to write 100 lines (can't remember what the lines were or what I was in detention for). But I don't do cursive. Just never liked it in my handwriting.
And the teacher went off at the end saying "I can't believe you don't running write! How do you expect to get anywhere without it?" and this boy piked up and said "Miss, with computers these days she'll never have to write anything ever again, so it doesn't matter!" - sure shut her up.

Bee on July 28, 2009 at 1:11 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Mine has gotten messy now too, and I have a hard time holding a pen for long. I remember back in the day I used to write friends and boyfriends 15 page letters, by hand! Now it's all emails, facebook and msn.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015