Thursday, July 23

RealityBites: Tears and Annoyance



OK, as most of Australia watched this week - Julie won Masterchef Australia.  I myself was pleased, I personally didn't relate much to Poh's food philosophy - although I love hainese chicken!  Julie cooking from the heart - something she does with her family and the most enjoyable part of the day was sitting with her family and enjoying a meal she prepared together is something I related to 110%.  I was tearing up when she got the second 9/10 and it just escalated from there... by the time her boys and hubby ran through the door I was sobbing!

We can all look forward to the Masterchef cookbook in November in time for Christmas and Julie's cookbook next year (a good mothers' day pressie huh?). Julie is also writing a column for Australian Womens' Weekly.  Poh has been offered a job in Tokyo by Luke Mangan, we'll need to see what happens there....


I caught the end of this show last week, and this week I caught the whole episode - Stylista - where a whole bunch of pretentious prats backstab and outwardly bitch to snaffle a job at Elle Magazine.  It does have elements of The Devil Wears Prada.. it's interesting, irritating.. I think I'm going to watch it again.

Project Runway - Michael is so annoying. Amber isn't as annoying. Mark is getting increasingly annoying. Jason Brunstons' appearance is extremely annoying. It was annoying that Kristie's outfit at the challenge issue was ruined with her bra. Her outfit at the judging was ugly. It better get better is all I'm going to say... maybe it's the editing that's annoying?  Love Anthony. Don't mind Kellyane.
Print this post in friendly format

5 lovely comments:

FRANNIE on July 23, 2009 at 11:32 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

You've been given the Honest Scrap Award.

Check out my blog for the skinny. :)

inner westie on July 23, 2009 at 1:26 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I think Poh got first prize getting offered a trip to LA with the yummy Curtis!

sharnee on July 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm glad Julie won - I do think that a Poh cookbook would not have gone down very well because of some of the stuff she used.

Oh and I love Project Runway too! I'm having a hard time with the names at the moment, but Michael is the one with the flowy hair, right? haha! I think their editing leaves something to be desired but I do love watching it. xx

BabyMac on July 23, 2009 at 2:06 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Urgh that Michael with that hair - he is SO annoying. I just wanted to kick him in the shins last night. I feel EXACTLY the same way about it as you a little blah, when I am sure that this time last year it was much more Ah! How have they got it wrong? Of course I will watch to the end - even if it is just to bitch about it. And Kirsty/Kristy whatever your name is - the fringe does you no favours lady and sort out the underwear toot sweet!

Jaime on July 23, 2009 at 5:53 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm so with you on Project Runway. Most of them make me want to yell at the screen. I can't even think of what the guys name is with the hair and the eye makeup. Last night's avant gard effort was a good one, but he just seems so costume. I'm going to call now that he won't be the winner, he's not commercial enough.

And Kristy Hinze ugh. You've got all the money in the world and it can't buy you a sense of style or a decent hair cut - or sadly the ability to be a presenter without resembling a piece of wood.

Bring on August when Project Runway US is back!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015