Friday, July 17

FrillyFrugalFriday: Stretching it out....


I'm still on a budget - I'm certainly not on a spree but we're using last months' budget because we go shopping tomorrow.... In short - I have stretched our monthly budget forward 3 days - which is great!
Menu planning at present a month ahead - it really worked for us this month and there's little to no wastage which is the name of the game!

How I've been frugal this week:
1. Stretched out the shopping budget an extra few days and resolving to use up what we have in fridge/freezer.
2. Baked. My hubby has taken lunch and morning tea all month - from home. This is a huge saving for us.
3. No clothes drier - feeling like a saint but the rain is annoying. I like to be up-to-date with the washing and I'm at present anywhere from 2-8 loads of washing behind. Might have to use the dryer this week.
4. Spent USD $5 on 2 x 20% gymboree vouchers which has so far saved me $33.96 USD, still have one voucher to use. I bought all clothes on sale and got 20% off my sale price. Covered my shipping+extra.
5. Took advantage of the local mid-week video rentals for the kids 5 DVDs for 5 days for $12.
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Gabrielle on July 17, 2009 at 7:20 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Well done on the budget! Love the new look of the site, looks fantastic.

Jaime on July 17, 2009 at 8:02 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love, love, LOVE the new layout Liss. It looks fantastic - well done you!

You're a fabulous budgeter too - wish I had your talent for it.

Courtley on July 17, 2009 at 10:21 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

your 'budget' included a few splurges from Gymboree!

:)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015