Wednesday, July 22

Announcement: NEW Challenge for all you home-cooks out there!


As I mentioned yesterday - there will be a few new things going on here at frillsinthehills.  I'm excited to announce the fortnightly challenge:  Waste not, want not.

What's it all about?
  • Using your leftovers,  making do with what's in your cupboard, sharing your recipes!
  • We'll have challenges using some specific ingredients (everyday things) too.
  • The recipes do not need to be original, just let us know where you sourced it from! 
  • Ingredients, method and a pic of end product is all that's required - if you want to go to more trouble - it's up to you!
  • The recipes can be as simple as you like - eggs on toast even!

How will it work?
  • I will post the challenge on a FRIDAY (this friday will be the first one)
  • Just respond to the post in a comment, link back to your blog.
  • If you are stuck with stuff in your fridge you have no idea what to do with (looked good at the supermarket/was on special etc) some usual suspects - one or many - or you need some inspiration, let me know - I can feature you and get everyone cracking on either suggesting or posting some recipes for you!
Me?
The stuff always left in my fridge:  pasta (I always tend to cook too much)
Left in my pantry:  Tinned pineapple, beetroot
In my fruit bowl: presently - apples, mandarins

Pass on the info to as many people you know who may be interested!  The more the merrier and the more ideas we all get!

Who's in?
Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on July 22, 2009 at 9:17 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'd love to do this but perhaps after I move as the stuff left in my cupboards would make a bizarre meal at best lol

PinkPatentMaryJanes on July 22, 2009 at 10:17 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

That's my kinda challenge! Sounds like we've got the same staples at the moment too...

Rhiannon on July 22, 2009 at 12:04 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Count me in too! I swear we could go into hibernation for six months and still have food in the cupboards at the end of that time!

Gabrielle on July 22, 2009 at 3:05 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Sounds like a great idea to me! Count me in! I’ll see what’s in the fridge and cupboards come Friday.

Rina on July 22, 2009 at 3:33 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ooooh neat idea!! Looking forward to reading these posts!

PS-I think adding cinnamon to the plain part of my pinwheel cookeis would be a great idea. :)

Alycia on August 2, 2009 at 11:03 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Having only just caught up with blogs, I'm in!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015