Tuesday, July 28

signing up for the funny farm....


I'm usually quite controlled and measured, but this past week has been a killer.
The downside of having 3 girls in an 18 month age-difference range is what I'm experiencing right now. The testing of boundaries. TIMES THREE.
All of them questioning/arguing/challenging/disobeying.
This I can handle if one of them is having an 'off day'. But lately it's EVERY day. Rude, attention-seeking behaviour - which I am giving them the attention. In positive ways - but then one mucks up and it's a bloody mutiny - I spend so much time putting children in and out of naughty corners, bedrooms that I'm just run ragged.
I've had a tension headache for a week I can't get rid of. I'm seriously getting to the end of each day and thinking about drinking as a coping mechanism... and anyone who knows me - knows that's NOT me. Two cocktails tonight.  TWO.

I've got to stay consistent and not kill someone!! It's HARD.
So if I'm not around online-blog-otherwise - you know why.. I might either be at the funny farm or at the hospital.
PLEASE MAKE THIS PHASE GO AWAY!!
Positive attitude tomorrow.  It's got to get better!
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

greenfumb on July 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I remember those days and I didn't even have twins. I think winter makes it worse, too much time inside under each others feet. Do you have any neighbourhood teenagers who could give you a break for a nominal fee? My kids used to play with the little'uns across the road. They were happy to get $10 or so and it made a huge difference to the mental health of my friend.

Jaime on July 29, 2009 at 8:57 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I am so hearing you! Is twins sometimes more like 3 kids than two?

Bad weather, sickness, being stuck inside. All makes for crazy time. I hope you come out the other side quickly.

Emily on July 29, 2009 at 3:50 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

La la la! I can't hear you! Don't ruin the dream that it's meant to get easier the bigger they get LOL Ahh, looks like there are more fun times ahead :)

I hope they snap out of it soon, hugs to you in the mean time!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015