Wednesday, July 1

Happy New Year!


It feels kind of strange that this first of July is so well um... uneventful. Having worked in finance roles and then financial consulting/IT roles 30th June is a drop-dead date. I'd be rolling over systems and managing year-end projects, starting new projects and have a brain full of stuff!! It's a crazy time of year.

It is a happy new year..
TaxPack is out today - I'm owed a CRAPload of tax, but need to wait for mine and hubby's payment summaries for once because of a few technicalities! (We usually submit July 1)

New Tax rates are effective today - only a few $$ but everything helps doesn't it?

If you want to calculate your pay from now on - use the online tax calculator - it will do it for you!

We are now entitled to Family Tax Benefits - halleluia!

My birthday is less than a few weeks away.

OK -no fireworks, but money is good!


Print this post in friendly format

5 lovely comments:

Amanda on July 1, 2009 at 9:51 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

hey liss, my old job revolved around 30june deadlines where we nearly all had mini heart attacks with the pressure, and you know, after being out of a career job for 12 years i still think of 30 june with fear! lol! have a good day!

Anon on July 1, 2009 at 11:34 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Thanks Liss! I have forgotten the old tax rates but it's always nice to get a few extra $$. I'll be onto my partner's return as soon as we get his notice of assessment too. Will do it online this year to save paper!

Alycia on July 1, 2009 at 12:07 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love this FYE. Went to work yesterday and closed off nearly everything - brilliant start for July 1! Had my tax prepared last night as well! Score!!

Happy New Year!

Anon on July 15, 2009 at 4:25 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hi Liss,

I had a question and you seem like an expert on tax returns so was wondering if you knew the answer. When using etax to file online, does it allow you to access an online equivalent to the Tax Pack instruction booklets that you get if you are filing by post? Those were my bible last year, and I don't want to waste all the paper, but don't know how I'll figure out all of the calculations without them (we have some complicated financial arrangements...)

No problem if you don't know! Just checking.

Eco-Chic-Mummy

Liss on July 16, 2009 at 7:37 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

ECM, eTax is very intuititive and it has help links everywhere. I don't think you should have an issue with it, I would hazard a guess you'll never look back!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015