Thursday, July 30

With Jo Frost ringing in my head...



I think things are on the improve.  I feel my head clearing, my attitude adjust.  I'm making it out of the fog I think.

As much as the public, parents and 'experts' give Jo Frost (the Supernanny) a hard time (well let's face it her 'unasseptable' is a little on the funny side, makes me giggle!) her methods do work. Show love, be consistent, be firm.  Naughty corner, age-for-minutes time-outs and explaining in terms that kids' understand the expectations...of them and you.

Another parenting guru I seek as a reference is Dr Tanya Byron.  She is a british child psychologist you may have seen her on the House of Tiny Tearaways (oh how I loved that show and wish they would bring it back! It's like Big Brother for parents and wayward toddlers) I have her book:  Your Child Year by Year.  It looks at development/health and behaviour year-by-year from ages 3-14 (so not your typical baby book) would recommend it to anyone!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Amanda on July 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

hey liss, love the new blog layout. i'm going to make your home made ricotta - any tips other than your recipe? thanks :-)

Liss on July 30, 2009 at 6:35 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Thanks hon!

I can't think of anything extra - use a thermometer!! :)

Amanda on July 30, 2009 at 7:49 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

i'll keep you posted on the outcome - it might end up yoghurt!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015