Thursday, January 7

My 10 food things to do in 2010



I'm usually not one to make New Year Resolutions, last year I made a surprise one that I would start a blog.  And lo-and-behold, I kept it.

This year I want to do a few food things.  I'm going to list 10 things I want to attempt to do before the year is out.

1.  Sushi, never made it, love to eat it.
2.  Baklava - scared to bugger it up, but I'm going to give it a try
3.  Brioche - an indulgence, but something I want to make for easter this year
4.  Pastry - want to make some pies and tarts this year - making pastry from scratch
5.  Preserve more.   I want to preserve 6 things I never have before
6.  Fondue - I used to make this on a regular basis but haven't for years - going to have a fondue party this year - I've got two fondue pots needing to be utilised.
7.  Pasta - I want to get the macaroni/pasta maker kitchenaid attachment and dry some pasta, I know it's cheap to buy the pre-made stuff but I'd like to have a go at least.
8.  Try 3 Julia Child recipes this year
9.  Make sausages from scratch
10. Discover at least two more direct sources of produce - maybe a few roadtrips are in order. (Hey maybe Lorraine will do the easter chocolate tour!!??!! *blatant hint*)

Join me, follow me, I'll be updating this through the year!
Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Jade on January 7, 2010 at 8:28 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hello! I'm new, just discovered your blog and so far, love it!

I made brioche earlier this year, wasn't too hard but I did cheat a little and buy a pack of brioche mix when I was in France!

Best of luck with your foody resolutions!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on January 7, 2010 at 11:34 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

OK road trip! Love the idea of a Easter Chocolate tour but only if I can come to your fondue party :P I love this list as a replacement for NY resolutions (which for me are the same evey year and never happen anyway).

Ooh baklava is amazing. I have a recipe and without sounding too boastful, it's really good. I also want to make sausages from scratch!

Shell on January 9, 2010 at 7:30 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I tried to make sushi once. I ended up in the emergency department! Steam burns! Yes that's right, didn't even make it past cooking the rice! lol

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on February 9, 2010 at 10:09 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Is the chocolate tour going ahead? My sister and I have been keen to do this so I'd love to see the tour.

How many have you marked off this list Liss?


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015