Wednesday, November 18

Win one of Two Little Billies Reward Packs!


There's nothing like positive reinforcement is there?  On days I feel my patience wearing thin, I take a deep breath and think positive thoughts and hope they make it out of my mouth.

I remember watching the House of Tiny Tearaways years ago (Yay, it's actually back on the new You Foxtel channel, catch if if you can - it's the big brother for toddlers!)

anyhoo...

 Dr Tanya Byron showed parents if they praised and encouraged more positive behaviours and criticised less (i.e. 'I wish you wouldn't do that', 'Please don't do that' or even 'Why did you do that?' rather than 'Don't do that!') children were guided about WHAT to do rather than WHAT NOT  to do.

It works.  The trick is making those positive thoughts manifest into positive praise.

So when I saw these cute and quite brilliant reward magnets by Little Billies, I thought 'Fantastic'!


Lucky for you, two of you will win a Little Billies Mini Reward Packs!
The chart is an A5 size and is magnetic.  It comes personalised with the child’s name, gender and colour preference.  It includes 24 reward magnet-stickers, this is made up of 12 different behaviours, with 2 of each.



How to win!

  • Tell us what you have praised your child for!
  • You can enter daily!
  • Extra entry if you go and follow Little Billies on twitter!
Entries open to those with Australian postal addresses. Ends midnight 28th November

Print this post in friendly format

24 lovely comments:

nellbe on November 18, 2009 at 8:52 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praise my little man for having his hand on the pram when we are out walking. I love the Billies products, thanks for the chance.

KirstyS said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Bronte got praised for not screaming about getting her face wet at swimming (kind of defeats the purpose of learning to swim) and Cameron got praised for showing an interest in the toilet. That was a bit of a stretch since he'd unrolled half a roll of toilet paper and was seeing if his plastic pirate money floats IN the toilet...but at least there was an interest. *lol*

Janice said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praise my 3 year old daughter for playing nicely with her baby sister.

MariaL said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praise my boy Luca for coming and telling me when the little one puts something he shouldn't in his mouth!

emmaO on November 18, 2009 at 2:27 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I am always trying to praise more than complain - but it seems the praising is often harder! Usually my praise for Bonnie is for playing gently with her sister Maeve, or for good sharing. She also gets lots of praise for listening to me!

These Little Billies reward packs look very cool Liss - much better than my handmade one on the wall!!

Kawaii for You on November 18, 2009 at 4:21 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praise my children for being good after a trip to the shops... nothing worse then having 3 crazy children when trying to do grocery shopping so I definately think the good behaviour is worth praising and the occassional treat! Christine xo

Penelope on November 18, 2009 at 4:43 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

These look like a good way of reminding Daddies to praise too!

I've been trying to praise Emily for listening to me, and especially for handling her disappointment well...ie, not chucking a tanty when I say (reasonably) no to a second icypole, or chocolate coins for breakfast.

Hannah is at the right age to suck up any praise for whatever new trick she's learning - like last night, when she put her sippy cup on the table when asked! Clever lil chook!

Regina said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I am constantly praising Chloe for the little things in life using her manners, looking after Allissa and also for helping me out when I need her help sometimes she even amazes me and will clean up the toy room without being asked she gets extra praise for that one. I praise Allissa for using the toilet and for sitting nicely while we wrap her legs in bandages at night for her excema we are so proud of how she handles this.

shan {missy melly} on November 18, 2009 at 6:21 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

i praise both of my girls for playing nicely together and when they show affection towards each other

Unknown on November 18, 2009 at 8:52 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praised my 4 y.o. daughter today for calmly walking around in Target with me and not running around all over the store. She then asked if she could pay for her kinder surprise by herself and was so excited about her first shopping purchase! It was a lovely experience for both of us.

Candice on November 18, 2009 at 9:34 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praise my little boy for helping me pick up his toys at the end of the day :)

Candice on November 18, 2009 at 9:35 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I follow Little Billies on Twitter. I love the Reward Charts they have on offer.
candy3181@hotmail.com

Melissa Kelly on November 18, 2009 at 10:32 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I try to remeber to praise my boys as much as I can. It must be working as today I found them sweeping the floor & overhead my 4 year old saying nicely to his brother (2) "thats a really good help, Mum will be so proud!".

jacpark on November 19, 2009 at 11:57 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praised him today for the way he is coping amazingly with his new intensive therapy.

Emily on November 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praised the twins today for taking steps to me, it wont be long before they are walking now!

jacpark on November 21, 2009 at 1:53 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praised him for being amazingly well behaved while at Santa's welcoming parade and Madagascar concert. 2 1/2 hours of good behaviour and patiently waiting in line for face painting. A star!!

K on November 21, 2009 at 2:46 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praise my little girl for eating her food all up, and not spitting it on Mummy! :)
busybbee05[at]yahoo[dot]com[dot]au

Jodi Kurtz said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I always try and make sure that i praise my kids for independence. getting dressed by themselves, putting dishes in kitchen and all the little things that i annoy me and make me crancky when not done. I have made handmade sticker charts for these things but the Little Billies ones are much cooler.

K on November 21, 2009 at 2:47 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I follow Little Billies on Twitter, oh and on facebook (I know that doesn't count but just thought you would like to know :))
busybbee05[at]yahoo[dot]com[dot]au

KirstyS said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yesterday I praised Bronte for insisting on sunscreen (at 5am...oh, well!) and Cameron for handing me his empty dinner bowl and saying "Yum!"

This morning Bronte was praised for asking politely for fruit and water when she first got up, and Cameron shared his pineapple with me so he got praised for that too.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys on November 22, 2009 at 4:45 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praised my sons for saying 'May I ..." instead of "I want ...."

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys on November 22, 2009 at 4:49 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I already follow LittleBillies on twitter and I use the routine charts ;)

jacpark on November 22, 2009 at 7:56 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praised him today for playing nicely with his friends and riding his bike using his pedals rather than pushing himself along with his feet.

nellbe on November 26, 2009 at 5:20 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I praise him for 'helping' me out today by sweeping the floor.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015