Thursday, November 26

2009: The year of....





Been thinking a bit this week (yes I do think!) well rather reflecting on 2009 now we're nearly at it's end.  And wondering how I'd sum it up.  I've decided I would sum it up by calling it :  Year of the U-turn.

You see last year I went back to work.  I love what I do for a job and was very happy to be out of the Stay-at-home-Mum routine.  Don't get me wrong, but when you do 3 kids in 18 months and are forever burying yourself in washing, nappies, feeding and cleaning you can lose yourself a bit.  So I was happy to be rediscovering myself in a 'oh yeah, that's right, I'm good at this' kind of way.

This year has been different.  Economic crisis hit and the industry was just too unreliable for someone with 3 little frills who needed to be in daycare if I worked.  So decided it was probably best if I stay at home, therefore being a bit less disruptive to the family life.  It has also seen us pretty broke too!  Just after getting used to having some money to have holidays and maybe go out for dinner every now and again, we back at one-income-central.  But I comfort myself with the fact that is only temporary.

This year is also my last year at home with Eloise, she heads off to big school in two short months and that's the beginning of a new phase of our family life.  Her two sisters follow her the next year and then all my kids will be at school.  Hang on, I'm sure I just pee'd on a stick a few weeks ago - how can my three girls be so big?

So it has been a bit of a u-turn but it's not been the end of the world, just another adjustment.

2009 has also been the year of the broken electrical appliance:  Toaster, microwave, vacuum cleaner, video (no loss really we hardly ever use it) and our coffee machine.   We've replaced all except the video recorder.  One day I'll get that DVD recorder!  Nothing is built to last anymore!


If you had to dub 2009, how would you do it for your life?  

Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on November 26, 2009 at 11:43 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ahh yes the saying goodbye to the salary. How that hurts! 2009 is/was the year of change and excitment for me :)

PinkPatentMaryJanes on November 26, 2009 at 3:34 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

My 2009 saw a huge change as I stopped the newcastle-sydney commute two days a week and became a full-time freelancer. Scary stuff, but luckily it's worked out beautifully. I'm coming up to my anniversary next month {oooh, wedding and freelancing!] so think a bottle of french bubbles may be in order!

Rina on November 26, 2009 at 5:49 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Year of........lots of stuff! Hehehe. Wow - insightful comment, I know. Urgh...packing brain.

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on November 26, 2009 at 6:33 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I think you and the girls will look back at this year with such happy memories.

You're an amazing mother, and the girls are so blessed to have had you everyday there for them.

I hope 2010 is a wonderful year for you. xx


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015