Saturday, November 21

Our Vegetable Garden - Update#3 November in pictures - Whoah!


It absolutely astonishes me every day I go up to see the opera house.  Seriously things are growing inches in a 24 hour period!  I'm so proud of our efforts and I think next week we'll be starting to harvest many things!

We're planning to spend time in the garden on Sunday - what about you?

Here's our update from yesterday:

Here is the corn there at the bottom (front) - it's starting to grow ears!  Very exciting


Up close shot of the corn


Here's the rocket - this will be on plates this coming week for sure, along with some pear, goats cheese and walnuts I think! Yum!



Silverbeet.  Woot.  They are growing SO fast!


And here's the leeks, fattening up lovely...


Tomato Land, I estimate about 50-60 flowers or fruit going at the moment, only about 6 are big (like the size of my palm) will need to raise the stakes this weekend and re-tie them all!
This is the Grosse Lisse


And here are the tomato berries budding..


Carrots are getting very fat!  Loving it


Here's one I pulled out tonight.


Here's our celery, need to do some weeding too this weekend!!


The beautiful cos lettuces, Caesar Salad tonight woot!



The beautiful Sydney Crimson Rhubarb, shooting up.


Eggplant have taken off this week.. won't be long 'til we see flowers I expect!


Watermelon


Cucumbers are flowering, very exciting!


Pumpkins still going strong


Here's the climbing beans, they are the ones that have me gasping.. they were planted 3 weeks ago and are 1 metre tall!!


Look at those stalks!


Got some news on the babygarden front too - but I'll save that for later!

Have a great weekend!!
Print this post in friendly format

5 lovely comments:

greenfumb on November 21, 2009 at 7:01 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Looks fantastic, did you take those photos before yesterdays horrendous heat? Some of my garden looks a bit sad after yesterday but no losses I don't think.

Liss on November 21, 2009 at 7:20 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

The pics were taken about 6.30pm last night after the heat. I watered at 8am and 6pm yesterday, might have helped..?

Jamie on November 21, 2009 at 4:30 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Bravo, wonderful, and everything so consistently healthy and well-grown. That's terrific Liss. And may we all survive tomorrow's heat, too! Like you, I'm being generous with the morning and evening drinkies for my vegies too.

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on November 23, 2009 at 6:20 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Wow. They're thriving in your garden Liss.

We're very jealous over here. We have some shallots growing, but actually I'm not sure if growing is the word. Surviving might be a better term.

That must be so exciting for you, and the girls. xx

Rina on November 23, 2009 at 6:39 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Wow!!!!! Look at that garden! You guys are doing awesome! Now that we have a yard I can't wait to get a garden in.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015