Wednesday, November 25

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree...


Yes.  We're a bit early.  We've been collecting a few extra decorations over the past month and look, we just couldn't wait!

The weather was cool, my Nan was over and it seemed like the right time.

So we got the tree out, we organised the decorations.  We decorate in silver, iceblue, red and white.




We put Bing, Judy and Dean on - and sang along to familiar Christmas Carols and songs..



then we decorated the tree, we tried to do it without shouting  in an orderly manner but it was just too exciting!  It's a massive task actually because when we bought the tree Eloise's first Christmas in 2004 we looked at it in a department store with 20ft ceiling.  Didn't look as big as it is..... 8ft tall and 5 ft wide.

We have to move the entire loungeroom around to accommodate it!

We still have another 16 red sparkly baubles to put on and I think some more white lights, but we're just about done..

This is hubby's new decoration this year from Bed Bath and Table, looks antique and it's quite solid. I like it!


I love this decoration, my Nan gave it to me.


Voila!



Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on November 25, 2009 at 5:43 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh wow. I love it.

You are going to seriously wet your pants when you see my tree. It's a little bit pathetic. It takes 24 seconds to put up, and thankfully about the same to put back away.

I'll leave you hanging out until the 1st of December. :)

Kirsty S said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love it! I'm also enjoying how the colours on your tree coordinate with the canvases behind your TV. That's dedication! *lol*

Liss on November 25, 2009 at 6:50 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I know Kristy, it's a bit shameless isn't it? I painted those canvasses when we moved in to co-ordinate the open plan kitchen to my loungeroom and now everything is mitch-matchy... hehe

PinkPatentMaryJanes on November 25, 2009 at 9:40 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Now THAT is a tree. We're also going in early and putting ours up this Sunday - only cheating by two days! I was drooling over new decorations in David Jones yesterday as I bought the Christmas cards... Love Christmas!!!

Unknown on November 25, 2009 at 10:00 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love your colour theme

I am glad a lot of people are breaking the 1st of December tradition this year :P

Here is my tree

http://snobnicky.blogspot.com/2009/11/it-has-begun.html

Vicki on November 26, 2009 at 11:27 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I am still having troubles deciding on the colour scheme of ours. Last year was pastels and this year I want to either do red and white or bright (as in pink, purple, lime etc) but I just cant decide, christmas will be over by the time I get my @ss into gear


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015