Sunday, November 8

The baby garden update


The baby garden is still going strong, and I think it will be going for a while yet.  It's so lovely watching something grow from seed to table....  a lot of the vegetables growing in the Opera House have been nurtured from seed, love it.

So first of all, here's our free plants!  Yes, free!

These strawberry plants, we found in the carrots, must have seeded from our compost.  Cool huh?


And here's the black supote (or persimmon) I dried the pods when my Mum bought some fruit down to us, and hubby planted them, and then they've started to grow!  Oddly, the pods are on the end of the roots!  Apparently, the outer of the pod drops off, it flowers and grows.. weird but cool!



Now here's our bought seed mixes:
Here's some onions, 2 rows red onions on the left, 2 rows of spring onions on the right..  These were only planted last weekend!


Here's some (more) tomatoes - yes we have loads!
These (I can't remember which is which yet) Thai, yellow and E53 varieties..






And now here's the seedlings in the opera house boxes:
Cucumber here, can't wait til we can transplant them!


Chillies


Eggplant


Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

greenfumb on November 8, 2009 at 5:34 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Well done. Good idea to use snail bait, I have lost all my Thai basil seedlings and two of my four baby zucchinis. I cant really use the bait though because my garden is a zoo.

Must put some beer out for the little swines.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on November 8, 2009 at 7:29 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

You're streaks ahead of me with gardening! No wonder I can't get anything to grow!

greenfumb on November 8, 2009 at 8:16 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hi Liss, read your comment at GA - I haven't joined Diggers, I just order things but I might ask for a membership for Christmas.

We could do a seed swap if you like, I have loads and won't need many more now until the autumn. What would you like? Email me if you want something.

deb


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015