Tuesday, November 17

Top Five Tuesday: Fruit



It's that time of the year just about any type of fruit is available... prices are coming down and variety on our plates are going up!  I made a pavlova on the weekend and was able to adorn it with fresh strawberries, kiwis, banana and passionfruit.. bliss.  I have stone fruit in the fridge.. I love this time of year for fruit!

My top five:

1. Banana - since I was a kid, never been able to shake it.  Even when bananas were $15 a kilo just over three years ago, I was still buying them on a small budget - I had three toddlers!
2. Raspberries - unfortunately these are nearly always expensive.  We should grow them....but it's probably too hot here?
3. Strawberries - fresh ones. Sunriped ones.. Strawberries with cream at Wimbledon (just once!)
4. Passionfruit - in cakes, in icecream, just on its own. Yum.  We have 7 vines about to go up here.  This time next year we should have loads of them!
5. Pineapple - the sweet ones, fresh cut off the fruit, frozen on a hot day, juiced with watermelon..mmmm!

Tell me yours!  Mangoes in the bath?  (I"m allergic!)  Durian perhaps?
Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on November 17, 2009 at 7:03 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh gosh. This is going to be hard.

1. Bananas. I too bought them when they were way too expensive. I love banana pancakes on Sundays. It's what Lacey and I do.

2. Lemon. Not by themselves, but in things. I am so excited about using my lemon butter. I love opening my fridge and seeing it there, taunting me with possibilities.

3. Passionfruit. I love it.

4. Raspberries. Ohhhh La La. Bring them on. I'll have them fresh or frozen. I don't mind.

5. A BIG juicy peach. Or plum. Or cherry. Ok. I can't stop at five!

Dianne said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I really love all the summer fruit, nectarines, cherries, mangos, passionfruit. It is great when the prices drop.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015