Wednesday, November 18

It all just creeps up doesn't it?



It's suddenly dawned on me how much my frills have grown up.  I look into their eyes and I still see those babies I rocked to sleep. It was yesterday or last week right?

Last week Eloise had school orientation.  I was expecting to go along, sit in the classroom, see how it all worked.  Wrong.  We arrived, went into the classroom and then I was dismissed for an hour.  I was like 'what? I'm not ready for that'!!  Eloise was more than fine of course.

I nearly have a SCHOOL girl.  One that goes to school and wears a school uniform and will be reading books in no time.   One that will be telling me I'm wrong and her teacher 'said' and come home with little social dramas about 'who likes who' and 'who said what' at lunchtime.

My 'babies' turn four in just over a month.  FOUR.  MY BABIES!

There were times I thought babyhood and toddlerhood would never end - I mean I did do it in a bit of an extreme way... but looking back it really did fly.

It's a slippery slope from here on in.  Eloise off to school next year, Laura and Olivia the next.  14 months and all my kids will be at school.  I thought I'd be celebrating with a bottle of champagne at the school gate.. now I'm feeling nostalgic.  Lots of changes coming our way...

Think I'll stock up on the champagne in any case...
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Emily on November 18, 2009 at 7:18 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh I hear you on doing baby and toddlerhood to the extreme! Your post has reminded me how quickly it all goes and to savor all the stages, even if I'm slowly going insane right about now...

Mummy said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Still remember like it was yesterday your first day at school. Cried all day long and about a month down the track the teachers asked me to stop looking through the classroom windows through the day that you were OK. Cherish all those great memories they don't fade. xxx

KirstyS said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh, I'm much more worried about how I'll cope with school, not Bronte. Fingers crossed our school does one of those Tea and Tears mornings like a few I've heard about - gives the parents a chance to know each other a little on that first morning.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015