Thursday, November 5

Summer Days: Sweet Rice Salad



I love this salad.  It's one of my favourites (well caesar is my favourite but meh, I'm human!) and it's a great contrast to the regular green salads, caesar salad and potato salad.  This one gets compliments and is lovely for lunch.  It's got crunch and substance, sweet and sour -  yummy.  Give it a try!


Ingredients 
Salad: combine
2 cups cooked rice (white or brown, I prefer brown - but only had white last time I made it)
1 pink lady apple, finely diced
1/4 red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup currants
1/4 cup chopped pecan nuts (unsalted)


Dressing: combine in bowl, combine thoroughly and pour over salad
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp curry powder
1 tb brown sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015