Wednesday, November 11

Christmas Plans this year..


The last couple of years, Christmas has become more and more intimate - it used to be a cast of thousands at my Mums' place, then last year we had Christmas Eve with most of the family here, this year it's going to be pretty small with just us, my Nan and my mother-in-law.

Boxing Day I think is a day to see friends.

Each year we've been buying a new Christmas decoration for our tree - something a little special.  I have my eye on either the wedgewood snowflake



or

some snowflakes like this... (shame we can't get Martha Stewart stuff here!)



Last year our tree was so cool - it's a mixture of red, ice and royal blue and silver. I think we can brave it with a bit more loose tinsel.. only difference is that we'll need to watch the dog.

I'd like to get the girls some nice stockings this year, tossing up whether I make these myself...

Last years I bought these gorgeous decals for the front door: - this is at night - with the house lit up out front in red.  I actually shamefully loved them so much I couldn't face pulling them down, so they've been up all year.  Promise I'll take them down at new year this year. The decals are actually red, silver and ice blue.


And here's the griswolds - I mean OUR house.  It's the house on our street that you hear the cars slowing down to look at..

left of the house...


Right of the house...


Shall keep you updated with the Christmas decorating this year!

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Christie - Childhood 101 on November 11, 2009 at 10:53 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

After seeing Immy's toddler curiousity in full force at the shopping centre's Christmas tree display, thinking our decorations will all hang on the top half of the tree!

alliecat on November 14, 2009 at 9:35 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love the twinkly lights!!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015