Tuesday, May 19

Laptop-Mouser-forefinger-typist with a docking station?


I find it funny that people who have a laptop still choose to use a mouse. And I know, that's most people, my hubby included.
And then there's the docking station people. Need to feel that they've got a PC. Don't get it. I had one where I worked when they first came out... didn't get it then either.

I suppose I am a serial nomad in my work. I don't really have a desk as such unless at a long term client and I usually just hot-desk it.
So I'm a pure laptop chick. In fact the left click button on my laptop is actually worn though to the white (it was black).
Whilst I'm at it, I'm a touch-typer too. I find it painful to watch people look at their fingers or use only their forefingers or stroke the keys like Liberace crossing hands etc... it's like being on an out-of-control roller coaster ----- please let me off!
What about you? Laptop-Mouser-forefinger-typist with a docking station?

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Katy on May 19, 2009 at 1:31 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm afraid I'm a laptop user who uses a mouse. I'm so much faster with the mouse!! I won't use it if I'm taking the laptop around the house, but for every day use, I will use it. No docking station though.

And a touch typist too. I couldn't imagine NOT touch typing!

Rina on May 19, 2009 at 3:08 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hahaha great post! I use a PC at home but if I use the laptop at my parents place I'm all about the (full size) mouse. Haven't quite figured out the whole finger draggy thing.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015