Thursday, October 28

Berry gorgeous


Our little berry farm is going well.  Although surrounded in chicken wire to keep both the dog, wildlife and three very eager frills out..  look at that strawberry - I can't believe someone hasn't snaffled it yet!

And here's the blueberries... not blue yet!

And raspberries - now no fruit on this but it's over a metre high now, which I'm really impressed as I thought we'd almost killed during the winter!!

Can't wait til we can start picking berries!  These are all in pots at present, in full sun, anything stopping you from having a berry garden or do you have one?

I love berries, but I suspect I'd need a good many more plants to sustain us!
Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

Ange on October 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I was only at the Garden Centre yesterday looking at the Rasberry Plants but I didn't think I had room for them! Do they grow well in pots?

Liss on October 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hi Ange!

Ours is going great guns! I think as it gets really bushy and big we might put it in the ground, but I think if space was an issue you could just trim it back...?

Cate on October 28, 2010 at 3:35 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Sounds like you have the perfect summer pudding in the making coming along!! Drool drool!!!

greenfumb on October 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I thought it was it too warm around here for raspberries and I didn't know you could grow them in pots. I better get myself off to the garden centre, thanks x

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm thinking of trying The Pioneer woman's Raised Flower/Vegetable beds this spring coming (if I survive winter that is! Snort! Not a winter person) and I am wondering why you have chicken wire over your berries? How does it NOT stop the berries from growing high?

Probably a stupid question but I haven't had a garden of my own so I really don't know.

M

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on October 28, 2010 at 11:14 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

hehe does this mean we get to visit your farm to pick berries now? ;)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015