Tuesday, May 12

Autumn leaves are falling...


This picture was taken from our front door on Sunday... I just love this time of year....


The girls love playing with it... Yesterday
and making craft with it.... Today





My hubby really doesn't like the maple tree in our front garden, but I love it. It could be because I am not the one raking up the leaves off the front lawn and driveway..hmm yes, that could be it. I just love the colours though. The maple leaf is such a good indicator of the season when it comes to autumn. the colours are rich and homely. Makes you want to cuddle up with some pumpkin soup and some nice crusty bread!

I'm starting to wear scarves, hats, making more soups and casseroles, pies and the heater is out... goodbye warm sunshine and barbeques, hello staying in and high power bills!

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Katy on May 12, 2009 at 1:26 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm with you Liss, I love autumn and I love the autumn leaves, the food, the crisp mornings and the warm sunny days. Such a lovely time of year.

I have to ask, how the heck to you manage craft with your 3 littlies? I just don't have enough eyes!!

Shell on May 12, 2009 at 2:30 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

You know I love the tree - your whole street looks very autumn and gorgeous!
I'm with Katy - love the cool weather and sun all in one package! Today is lovely!

Amanda on May 12, 2009 at 2:39 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

We had a tree like that and the leaves were messy - esp. in the pool. I did love it but it had to get cut down and now that there's no leaves i don't really miss it. A pity practicality wins over nature !!!!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015