Monday, May 4

A menu muse....


Reading NQN's recent interview with Bill Granger I was quite surprised to learn he is actually a Melbourne Boy, raised by a butcher Dad and vegetarian Mum and actually studied art, not cookery. I love his food, his show and I have a few of his cookbooks - his style is simply quality food arranged to make the most of it's flavour and texture with as little done to it as possible. He also has three girls close in age (well not as close as mine but meh not many people do - do they?!)... it's well worth a read.

Bill also gains inspiration from many of the same culinary geniuses as I do - Nigella, Jamie, Maggie to name a few. I would love to meet them as he has, man I'd love to meet him! Feed me now is definitely on my wish list!

Do you have culinary heroes? Is there someone out there you think - Oh I love everything they cook?! Your Mum? Your hubby? Stephanie Alexander?

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on May 4, 2009 at 7:22 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

He's lovely.

My girlfriend used to Nanny his kids, and the other weekend he came and chatted to us over breakfast.

Have you been to one of his cafes?

Liss on May 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yes! I used to go to Bills as a bit of an institution when I lived in the Eastern Burbs briefly in the early 90's.

He seems so genuine, and that's what his food is. I've never had one of his recipes turn out differently than the picture.. (ok maybe not AS pretty but pretty close!)...

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on May 5, 2009 at 9:07 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I could easily eat there everyday, and I agree about the recipes.

Lacey tried his ricotta hotcakes for the first time last Saturday and she loved them.

We'll just have to go back!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015