Friday, May 1

Shhhhhh


I've been quiet today. My last day of quiet time for quite some time. My girls are finishing up daycare today as I've conceded this ridiculous excuse for a job market is not giving us any security. Not sure how I'll be by this time next week - a blubbering mess or victorious and exhausted - probably a mixture of all three...

I've been a stay-at-home-Mum for most of their lives so far but the past year had been working and it was so good for me, and their day-care/kindy was brilliant. I mean absolutely brilliant but we simply cannot afford it if I'm not working... it was all going well until this GFC (Global Financial Crisis or whatever other negative acronym you'd like to use, I've made up many!) struck.

So the last time it was SAHM-ing my girls were in a very different place developmentally. So I've planned some activities for the coming weeks and next week we have visitors coming over on Monday, my Nan coming over Tuesday... Wednesday a day at home...Thursday playgroup and Friday library day.... I'll also have to venture online to find some educational material to carry on the girls' literacy and numeracy skill building - they are doing SO well I really don't want that to go by the wayside.

So what did I do on my last day to myself? Cleaned. Washing. Hmmmm.

Back to supermumdom. Wish me luck!

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on May 1, 2009 at 8:07 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

The girls are so lucky to have such a brilliant mother.

I hope we can get together for a play date one of these days. x

SamJJJ on May 1, 2009 at 10:27 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Wish you luck! Just keep them busy, as I'm sure you will be super busy, have a wonderful week!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015