Thursday, May 14

RealityBites: 47 year old housewife wins Biggest Loser USA



Helen weighed 116.5kgs and was a US size 22 just 18 weeks ago. Now she's 53kgs after losing 63.5 kgs and a US size 2. Amazing huh? Comparable with Tiffany our runner up in the latest Biggest Loser Couples.

Helen entered the competition with her daughter, Shanon.

Being one of the older competitors and not winning any challenges like her stronger, younger competitors she flew under the radar - Los Angeles Times Reports:

She said that when she got to "The Biggest Loser" ranch, she couldn't blame anyone for dismissing her. "I never believed in myself in the beginning, either." But when she made that decision, when she said, "I'm tired of doubting myself," something clicked. "The minute I started doing that, things changed for me."

When she returned home she worked out 6 hours a day to meet her goal weight and pass her competitors.

Well done Helen!

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Katy on May 14, 2009 at 10:01 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

How did you watch the US series (Foxtel?) I really wanted to watch it! I need more motivation to get through winter.

Kirrily on May 16, 2009 at 2:42 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

6 hours a day?!?!?!?
Well, it's certainly paid off for her!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015