Wednesday, May 6

Easiest and laziest chocolate cake on the planet..


On Monday the lovely Shell came over to for afternoon tea. It wasn't until around lunchtime I started thinking about what I could make that was dairy-free and had some flavour and then I found this seriously EASY recipe. Vegan friendly and I think the only chocolate cake I will ever make again.. no electric equipment, just a bowl, a spoon and 3 measuring cups.

Ingredients:
1.5 cups of plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa (I used cadbury)
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil (I used Olive but you could use vegetable etc.)
1 tsp vanilla
Method:
Combine dry ingredients, stir in wet ingredients, stir until there's no lumps, put in greased loaf or round tin (I used a heart tin) and bake preheated oven of 190c or 375F for 30-35 minutes.

Comes out slightly chewy-crunchy on the outside, and moist in the middle. Soooooo nice. Pretty low in fat and calories too... so not only almost guilt-free, but minimal washing up and good if you don't have any butter/milk/eggs in the fridge!

PS: I would have taken a pic of the cake, but 24 hours later, this was all that was left! crumbs! It's dark and beautiful though.

Print this post in friendly format

5 lovely comments:

Grace on May 6, 2009 at 1:54 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

That sounds waaaaaaay too easy! I will have to give that a go. Kinda need an oven though... (yup, still haven't got one yet!)

(Juz)Shell said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

So similar to the recipe I use for Thomas' cake. Will definitely give this one a try next time.

Kristy on July 11, 2010 at 11:44 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Do you think this would work using gluten free flour and fake sugar (splenda). I'm on a pretty restricted diet these days lol, I'm after some flavor

Spencer @ Moo-Lolly-Bar on February 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Looks delicious and doesn't seem all that difficult to make. I would love to try some!

♥Beryllium Lithium Class of 2011 on June 13, 2011 at 1:11 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

This is the best chocolate cake recipe ever! It's so fudgey and quick and easy to make.... I made it like, three times and got great feedback every time. Thanks for sharing!!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015