Tuesday, October 19

You're growing up: Olivia


Oh my little Olivia - you maybe my smallest in weight but you are certainly not the smallest in lots of ways.  Even though you like to constantly remind me how 'growing up' you are - I never have to put any pressure on you get a big cuddle.  You're very obliging, and at times are still the velcro baby you always were.  The other week you fell asleep laying on my chest and I was taken back to the days where you did this as a baby.   I didn't even wake you because I wasn't sure I would ever have a cuddle like that again, it was blissful.

You are desperate to learn everything, and I mean everything - your insatiable quest for knowledge is not unlike your older sister and I know you're going to adore school next year.  You are really ready to go as well.

You do have a cranky streak.  You are a little bit of perfectionist at times and get frustrated when things aren't done properly.  I'm told you're just like me, and as much as I don't like to admit my faults  I see them as plain as day when I look at you.  At times this helps me understand how to handle situations at times I wonder to myself how we're going to get through the teenage years as we are bound to clash.

So aside from the cranky streak, you do also have a nurturing streak - you love nothing better than to make someone feel loved and listened to - you are a great friend to those in your circle.  Your best friend is without a doubt your twin sister and goodness help anyone who wants to hurt her.   You are learning that it's OK for her to have other friends as you grow up, and you love her that much you didn't even get upset that she stole your boyfriend and even kissed him!

Your favourite colour is still red, your favourite show is Total Drama world tour (oh goodness if I hear the word 'chillax' one more time...) and your favourite toy is your Serafina dog.   You love to cook with Mummy and you love to 'read'.

You are an absolute pleasure, and I can hardly believe you're off to orientation day at school - all.by.yourself.  You can't wait and I know you'll have a wonderful time!   I love you baby girl, my little pumpkin Olivia.
Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Aww, what lovely heartfelt words from a mother to her daughter. I've never met you or your family, but I was so touched, this post brought tears to my eyes... at work! <3

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on October 19, 2010 at 4:43 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Aww I adore little Olivia. And I had no idea about the boyfriend bit! Haha! Intrigue at such a tender age :)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015