Tuesday, October 19

Lunchbox Legends: Banana bran muffins


Good morning!

How are we travelling so far this week?  Look at my baby up there with her banana muffin.. can't believe how grown up she looks!  Her little freckles are so cute (although I don't know how she got them because I'm super vigilant with the hats and sunscreen.. anyhoo). I can hardly believe we are almost at the end of her first year at school.   We've all changed so much this year - I've become more school centric - volunteering where I can - and a change in my baking of course - more of these lunchbox type baking days..  Tonight is the kindergarten 2011 orientation night which I'll be attending for my last two girls.  It seems a little surreal to be honest.

So onto this recipe -  I bought some unprocessed bran at my local deli and was surprised at how cheap it was - $2 for 1 kilo!  It makes a great texture in these muffins and obviously have great health benefits.  Kids loved them... even hubby who doesn't usually like banana anything liked them...


Ingredients:
2 cups unprocessed bran
2 cups milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 large ripe bananas (I used a mixture of frozen and fresh, do what you like!)
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 cups self raising flour


Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c

Place bran and milk into mixing bowl, leave to soak for about 5 minutes.

Add sugar, bananas, margarine, cinnamon and mix well.

Lastly, add in the flour and mix well.

Pour 3/4 way up your cupcake papers (will make 24 standard of 15 large)

Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top!

These can be frozen for up to 2 months

Wouldn't you like to make these for your family or even yourself?  

Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015